Being an avid outdoorsman in the south one thing that is always important is to stay hydrated. I spend a lot of time in the outdoors whether it be hunting, fishing, scouting, hiking or shed hunting. Most of the time having to deal with warmer temperatures. I have spent years struggling with ways to always have water on hand, toting water bottles in your pack is always a pain and most hydration reservoirs are difficult to keep clean and maintain. This year at the SHOT Show I had the privilege to meet the folks at HydraPak and get the run down on their hydration solutions. While I’m in the field I prefer a reservoir or bladder style hydration system, so my attention was drawn towards the HydraPak Force and Full Force reservoirs. I spend as much time as I can in the field with my 4 legged friends and hunting partners so having enough water on hand for all of us is very important to me, with that being said I went with the Force series in the 3-liter version. Most packs these days are H2O compatible which I like because it makes for carrying your water supply easier and very accessible. I chose the Full-Force because of the pressure activation feature which makes it easy to share water with my dogs without having to carry some type of bowl or have them put their mouth on the bite valve. The Full-Force has a squeeze bulb which is easily used with one hand and allows you to spray water into your mouth or your dog and also allows you to spray yourself or dog to help cool down on the long days in the field. The spray system also came in handy this spring to spray of my dog’s muddy paws before loading him in the truck. Another feature I found very appealing was the ease of cleaning, anybody that has used traditional reservoir system knows that they could be a pain to get clean and time consuming. HydraPak makes clean incredibly easy, simply remove from pack disconnect Hydrant Tube using the quick disconnect, open the top of the reservoir, turn reservoir inside out and place on the top shelf of the dishwasher. Cleaning the tube and bite-valve is also easy because all the components are removable. With tube disconnected, remove bite valve, gently remove silicone sheath, clean everything with mild warm soapy water and tube brush, rinse thoroughly, dry all components and reassemble. HydraPak recommends storing tube and bite vale in freezer to prevent and growth from accruing. HydraPak stands firmly behind all of their products and has one of the best warranties in the business. If you experience any issue with the product’s manufacturing or materials, we’ll repair or replace the item for free. No questions asked. Whatever it takes for you to keep the adventure going. I have already had the opportunity to take my HydraPak on several trips afield this year and will continue to use it and put it through the paces. I would highly recommend that if you are looking to get your first hydration reservoir or replace and existing reservoir that HydraPak is on your list of ones to check out. Go check out their full line of hydration systems at www.hydrapak.com and make sure your next adventure is a safe and hydrated one.
High-strength & leak-proof
- RF (Radio Frequency) welded seams
- Bonds at the molecular level
- Consistent air tight seal
Easy cleaning & drying
- Patented Slide-Seal top simplifies filling
- Plug-N-Play™ quick connect system
- Shape-Shift™ locking / unlocking baffle
- Multi-use Hydrant™ Tube includes a silicone squeeze bulb and pressure activated valve for one handed dispensing – spray to cool, clean, share, fill or drink
- Dust cover protects silicone bite valve from collecting dirt
- Pack clip easily attaches to backpack straps for quick access and ideal routing
- Wide Slide-Seal™ top makes it easy to fill and creates a leak-proof seal
- Plug-N-Play™ connect system lets you easily disconnect the drink tube (an auto shutoff valve prevents leaking) and remove the reservoir from your pack for convenient refilling
- Fully reversible for easy cleaning and drying, top-shelf dishwasher safe
- Made of ultra-durable, abrasion resistant TPU & RF welded seams for superior durability and elasticity
- Can be frozen or filled with hot water (max temp 60° C / 140° F
- Safe and reliable, 100% BPA & PVC free
3 L / 100 fl oz.
250 g / 8.8 oz.
440 mm / 17 in x 165 mm / 6.5 in
Thermoplastic Polyurethane; HDPE; Silicone